Manufacturers have a duty to ensure that their products are safe for use. Likewise, property owners owe a duty to the keep their premises safe for visitors. If a defective product or dangerous condition led to serious injuries, the experienced personal injury attorneys of Patterson Harkavy LLP can help.
Free Case Evaluation • 1 (800) 458-2541
With offices in Raleigh, Greensboro and Chapel Hill, we are able to represent injured persons throughout the Piedmont and statewide in North Carolina. Our skilled advocacy has led to settlements and verdicts in a wide range of premises liability and product liability cases. We investigate promptly and invest the resources necessary to pursue maximum damages for your losses. Find out if you have a viable claim.
Defective Product Injuries
The law protects workers and consumers who are injured by hazardous products, equipment, or machinery. We investigate workplace injury cases to see if the manufacturer has third party liability for damages beyond workers’ compensation.
Our lawyers have won compensation in a range of defective products cases:
- Industrial machinery and heavy equipment defects
- Dismantled or malfunctioning safety guards
- Exploding or flammable products
- Auto defects (e.g., seatbelts, airbags, tires, roof supports)
- Medical equipment failure
- Power tools and other consumer goods
We have the litigation experience to hold manufacturers and their distributors responsible for their safety obligations. Our trial lawyers have access to product engineering and safety experts to determine if there was a design defect, a manufacturing defect, or inadequate instructions or warnings that led to harm from reasonable use of the product.
Owners who invite the public to enter buildings and property under their control are obligated to address obvious safety hazards and protect visitors from physical assault. Our premises liability lawyers have secured damages for:
- Unsafe Conditions: a slip and fall caused by construction defects or the owner’s neglected maintenance
- Inadequate Security: a hotel patron shot and paralyzed by a known criminal after front desk personnel ignored complaints of harassment; a person attacked and robbed in a grocery store parking lot
- Attractive Nuisance: an unsupervised amusement park wading pool with no barrier to keep children out
We have had significant success in inadequate security cases. Before inviting the public into a store, offices, apartment building, or entertainment venue, did the owner take steps to provide a secure environment (cameras, guards, lighting, controlled access)? We examine the history of crime in the area and whether the owner or operator took reasonable measures to assure safety.
Do I Have a Case? Call 1 (800) 458-2541
If you believe that an injury resulted from a product defect or dangerous conditions, contact Patterson Harkavy LLP for a free case evaluation. If we determine you have a viable claim, we will aggressively pursue compensation for your medical care, economic losses, and physical and emotional injuries.