The employment law attorneys of Patterson Harkavy LLP are committed to protecting employee rights. We have represented individual workers and employee groups throughout North Carolina in wage and hour claims, restrictive covenants, severance, and all issues relating to compensation and illegal employer practices.
Our firm is based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with offices in Raleigh and Greensboro. We have achieved notable results on behalf of workers across the state. Call our Raleigh office at (919) 755-1812, Chapel Hill office at (919) 942-5200 or call Patterson Harkavy toll-free at 1 (800) 458-2541.
Wage and Hour Issues
Through individual and class action representation, we have successfully challenged employers for skirting employment laws regarding compensation:
- Failing to pay overtime in violation of state and federal law
- Misclassifying employees as exempt (salaried) to avoid paying overtime
- Not paying for all hours on duty
- Not paying commissions and bonuses
Employment Agreements and Severance Pay
- We negotiate and litigate employee agreements, including non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants, and resolve other employment contract disputes through mediation, arbitration, or at trial.
- We represent executives and employees in negotiating terms of severance compensation packages.
- We represent employees in matters relating to denial of employee benefits (health insurance, vacation and leave, disability pay), including benefits and compensation claimed by terminated employees.
Other Employment Law Issues
If you were the victim of a workplace assault or have a tort claim against your employer, our trial lawyers can capably pursue monetary damages. Patterson Harkavy LLP is also widely recognized for its representation in the area of employment discrimination.
Contact Us • Statewide Representation
Call our Raleigh office at (919) 755-1812, Chapel Hill office at (919) 942-5200 or call Patterson Harkavy toll-free at 1 (800) 458-2541 to discuss your employment law issue with a veteran lawyer of our firm.
See our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information about Employment Rights.